“An opener is not like any other game. There’s that little extra excitement , a faster beating of the heart. … You know when you win the first one, you can’t lost em all.” Early Wynn
7 QUESTIONS FOR THE FIRST 7 INNINGS
1) Which famous baseball record was tied on Opening Day?
2) Which obscure Chicago Cubs player is the only National League player to hit three home runs on Opening Day?
3) Which team has the longest Opening Day winning streak?
4) Which Hall of Fame pitcher threw the most shutouts on Opening Day?
5) Who was the first sitting U.S. president to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day?
6) Which pitcher started the most Opening Day games?
7) Which Hall of Famer is the only pitcher to throw a no hitter on Opening Day?
7TH INNING STRETCH
8) Which is the only team in baseball that always has their Opening Day at home?
9) Which team has the best winning percentage on Opening Day?
LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT YOUR FONDEST OPENING DAY MEMORY & I’ll randomly choose a winner. PRIZE an EBOOK copy of CUTTERS VS JOCKS and BINDING ARBITRATION.
1) Hank Aaron his 714th home run
2) Karl Rhodes
3) Cincinnati Reds, St. Louis Browns, NY Mets
4) Walter Johnson
5) William Howard Taft
6) Tom Seaver
7) Bob Feller
8) Cincinnati Reds
9) Toronto Blue Jays
And for the record Aidan got all the questions wrong when polled!!!
LET’S PLAY BALL!!!