Windy City writer Elizabeth Marx writes deeply emotional romances that take her readers on a roller coaster ride through desire and despair. Elizabeth’s cosmopolitan flair for fiction makes her unafraid to push you over that first drop just when you think you know what’s going to happen next. Her writing is described as hilarious, heartbreaking, and heartwarming. Her characters achieve the ‘happily ever after’ through a journey of poignant and passionate moments.
In her past incarnation she was an interior designer—not a decorator—which basically means she has a piece of paper to prove that she knows how to match and measure things and can miraculously make mundane pieces of furniture appear to be masterpieces.
Elizabeth grew up in Chicago but has also lived in Texas and Florida. If she’s not pounding her head against the wall trying to get the words just right, you can find her in her garden. Elizabeth resides with her husband and an Aussie wigglebutt.
Elizabeth has traveled extensively, but still says there’s no town like Chi-Town.
Some of Elizabeth Marx’s favorite things:
- Starbucks Venti unsweetened iced black tea lemonade
- The ribbon on the Tiffany’s blue box and, inside, the little suede bag that always contains treasure
- Sitting in the quiet, peaceful beauty of a gallery in almost any museum in the world
Some of Elizabeth’s least favorite things:
- Babies at midnight movies
- Black licorice
- Whiners, crybabies, and wimps
Some of Elizabeth’s favorite books:
- Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion by Jane Austen
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati
- Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
- Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
- Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips