How much do you know about Ancient Egypt???
1. The Rosetta Stone played a key role in the deciphering of the hieroglyphic language. There are three languages inscribed on the stone: hieroglyphics, demotic, and:
2. Has an original mummy (from the pyramid age) been found in any pyramid?
3) What year was the tome of Tutankhamun discovered?
4) The chief embalmer wore a mask of what Egyptian diety?
5) Who discovered the Rosetta stone?
A) Jean Champollion
B) Henry Rawlinson
C) Napoleon Bonaparte
6) How many dynasties were there in pharaonic Egypt, from the unification of Egypt ca. 3200 B.C. to the beginning of the Graeco-Roman period in 332 B.C.?
7) In ancient Egyptian religion the sun was worshipped by many names. What was the common name of the sun-god?
A) Re or Ra
8) Who was the pharaoh with the longest rule in the history of Egypt-it lasted 94 years during the 6th dynasty?
C) Pepy II
9) He was known as Akhenaten as a Pharaoh, but this was not his birth name. What was his name before he changed it?
B) Amenhotep IV
12) How was Akhenaten’s reign remembered after his death?
A) He was considered a heretic and all mention of him was destroyed.
B) People continued to uphold all his religious views.
C) Amarna was considered a sacred site.
Answer Key: 1) A 2) B 3)B 4)A 5)A 6)B 7)A 8)C 9)B 10)A 11)B 12)A
As the necklace’s curse is revealed, the fire of Marguerite’s and Bruton’s ancient bond burns between them. But when Marguerite disappears, Bruton fears that the wings of Isis have carried away the true treasure he has been seeking his entire life.
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/to-breathe-the-breath-of-isis-a-time-travel-historical-romance-elizabeth-marx/1107766656?ean=2940032889014&itm=3&usri=elizabeth+marx